Study Visato United States Of America

The top destination for international students is the United States. It provides students from all streams with an opportunity to learn and succeed in their chosen subjects that is unmatched. It is the perfect location for students wishing to study and make a living after graduation because of an economy that always needs new talent. It is feasible to study in the US on a student visa.


International students can access the greatest environment at US colleges. This is clear from their excellent rankings, which make them study in the USA desirable. The educational system of the nation provides pupils with the most extensive coursework, emphasizing both academic and practical learning equally.

  • Cost-effective Education
  • Flexibility and Diversity
  • Excellent support system for international students
  • Safe and Healthy Communities
  • obtaining internships
  • Thrilling Campus Life


The three intakes at US universities:
When studying in the USA, students have the choice of three primary flexible intakes:

  • The spring semester (January),
  • The summer semester (May) and
  • The fall semester (September)
  • First intake: for the spring semester, which starts in January or February, is also offered.
  • Second intake: Summer Semester, starts in May or June also available for several courses.
  • The third intake: Autumn semester the main intake starts in August or September.

You must select the intake that best fits your needs and submit your application in that manner. Keep in mind that the application deadline is often a few months prior to the start of the semester. Also, you will need to coordinate your college application process with your US student visa application.

What is a Student (F1) Visa?
International students can come to US and study at institutions approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program with the help of the F-1 student visa, which is a non-immigrant visa (SEVP). It is the most common sort of student visa for those looking to enrol in a US university or college, and you may only apply for an F-1 visa after your application has been accepted by a recognized US institution.

The length of your stay as an F-1 student will depend on the course you enrol in. The I-20 form that the university you want to attend will give you will include the program’s expiration date on it. This will give you a general idea of how long you will be able to stay in the US, and you will need to complete your degree before the indicated expiration date.
You could be qualified to apply for Optional Practical Training once you graduate (OPT). This will allow you to work in the US for up to 12 months in a profession associated with your studies. You can request an extra two years of employment in a relevant profession for STEM graduates. You must go back to your native country within 60 days of graduating if you don’t have any extensions or additional training. If you’re interested in learning more, Shore light can assist you in investigating what you can accomplish with your F-1 visa once you graduate.

Basic requirements for a US Student Visa?
It is necessary to submit the required paperwork for a US student visa along with any supporting financial and scholastic records. There will be a need for the following papers:

  • A passport that is good for at least 6 months after your visit to the United States
  • Print a duplicate of the appointment letter for the interview and the original of the online DS-160 application form.
  • The US university/college where you will attend has sent Form I - 20.
  • a receipt for the settlement of Visa fees.
  • bank statement from the student's parent or legal guardian showing sufficient money for the first year's tuition for at least three years.
  • Original Marks Sheets or Provisional Certificates for Payslips
  • Score reports for tests like the GMAT, IELTS and TOEFL, etc.

Maintaining F-1 Visa Status

You must adhere to the rules and conduct policies of the university as well as the prerequisites and criteria outlined in your F-1 visa requirements in order to do this:

  • Make sure to arrive in the US no later than 30 days prior to the start of your program.
  • As soon as you land in the nation, get in touch with your appointed school representative. (DSO).
  • Before the start date indicated on your I-20 form, get in touch with your DSO once more once you have arrived at your university.
  • Attend all of your classes and keep up your grades.
  • Speak with your DSO to go over your options for potential extensions if you need more time to finish your program than what is indicated in your I-20.
  • A full course of study should be enrolled in during the academic term.
  • Make sure to first discuss your plans with your DSO if you wish to drop a class or switch classes.

Remember to finish at least one full academic year at your university before taking a sabbatical or going on vacation. You must sign up for classes for the following academic term after your break.

Can F-1 foreign students work in the United States?

On an F-1 student visa, you will be able to work in the US. You will need to adhere to a few F-1 visa requirements and limitations, though:

  • You are only permitted to work part-time on campus during the current academic term.
  • A maximum of 20 hours per week may be worked.
  • With your university's permission, you might be permitted to work off campus.

Make sure to get your DSO’s permission before looking for work throughout your studies.

Application Fee $160
SEVIS Fee is $350

How Long You Can Stay in the US After Graduation
Students holding F visas are required by US immigration law to depart the country within 60 days of the program end date indicated on Form I-20. After the program’s termination date, which is indicated on Form I-20, students with J and M visa status are required to depart the country within 30 days. But you can apply for a visa extension via the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website if you want to prolong your stay in the US. We advise researching your alternatives for a visa after graduation before to applying for a visa extension.

The F2 Visa is the name for the dependant student visa. The F2 visa is a non-immigrant dependant visa that allows holders of F1 student visas to bring their immediate families to the US. Dependents of the person studying in the US include their spouses and their unmarried children under the age of 21.


  • Must be the partner of a person with an F1 visa.
  • Must be the unmarried, under-21 dependent children of an F1 visa holder.
  • The applicant must possess sufficient cash means to maintain the family in the US.


  • No authorization to work.
  • Unable to obtain a Social Security number.
  • Prohibited from pursuing higher schooling.
  • Cannot enter the country before the bearer of an F1 student visa.
  • You are unable to obtain a Social Security Number because you are ineligible to work. (SSN).
  • The F2 visa does not allow you to enrol in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at a US university. You can, however you can enrol in job training programs. Dependent children with an F2 visa can complete elementary, middle, and high school. To change your visa status to seek higher education, you must first submit an application.

Application Fee $160

The USCIS issues the M1 visa, a non-immigrant student visa type, to international students who want to learn in the country. However, not all students are granted an M1 visa. This is mainly for people who want to attend vocational school in the United States.

With an M1 visa, students can travel to the US and pursue full-time professional education.

As a student with an M1 visa, you are able to apply for work with some restrictions, open a bank account with a U.S. based bank, and receive health care services.

What is not allowed.

  • In the US, you are not permitted to apply for non-academic or vocational training programs.
  • You have the minimum level of education needed to enrol in the vocational program.
  • You received the Form I-20 after being accepted by a school with a U.S. address.
  • You can speak English at an appropriate level.
  • You've demonstrated that you have the resources to pay your bills while you're in the US. (SSN).
  • You live there permanently, where you originally came from.
  • You plan to depart the country after your studies is finished and have no intention of staying.
  • The institution is certain that you will profit from the education you are obtaining for your own nation.

Documents needed:

  • At least six-month passport validity
  • Letter confirming your appointment for a visa DS-160
  • Payment receipts
  • Educational certificates
  • Proof of financial stability
  • Apply for full-time employment outside the campus.

Application Fee $160
SEVIS Fee is $330

NOTE: The information, Fees and the documentation required are subject to change as per government norms and case to case therefore are not limited to as mentioned above.

Read More +
United States Of America
New Zealand
United Kingdom